‘Sorry I am late.’ said the boy when he reached his class.
‘Perhaps you need a chicken to wake you up, Wander.’ said his teacher, Miss Lilina.
Everybody stared at him.
‘Do you want to stand there or prefer to sit?’ asked Miss Lilina. He quickly ran to his place. Another boy imitated what Miss Lilina said just now, ‘Perhaps you need a chicken to wake you up.’ as if he was teasing Wander.
‘I guess you want to stand for one hour, William?’ said Miss Lilina.‘Sorry, it accidentally slipped out from my mouth.’ said William.
‘Well, we’ll start class now?’ asked Miss Lilina.
2 hours later, the bell rang. But it was longer. Everybody started to panic because the long bell meant that they need to evacuate.
‘Everybody calm down, line up and walk to the field.’ ordered Miss Lilina.
When they reached the field, they saw nothing happened in the school. All they could see were students and teachers.
‘Teacher, there’s nothing. Why did the bell rang?’ asked a girl named Crystal.
‘Cause this is just to practice.’ said Miss Lilina.
‘And there’s another reason for this.’ said Miss Lilina.
‘What is it, teacher?’ asked another girl, Nicole.
‘That is to test you guys.’ said Miss Lilina.
‘To test us?’ said William.
‘Test us about what?’ asked a girl, Tracy.
‘Yeah, to test us about what?’ asked Tracy’s twin sister, Trina.
‘You’ll know afterwards.’ said their teacher.
‘Well, this practice is to tell you that when there’s danger, we shouldn’t panic. And we should think of a way to solve it. Well now you can go back to your classes.’ said the headmaster.
They begin to return to their class when suddenly they heard some sound. They turned back and saw fire. They started to panic and ran around. The teachers couldn’t control the students.
‘Everybody calm down! Now gather around, and when you see some big birds coming, line up and wait to get up on the bird. And don’t push.’ said the headmaster. Of course, big birds will come and save them.
‘Yahoo!!!’ shouted everyone.
***
After being rescued, they were sent back home. ‘Mum, I’m home.’ said Nicole. When she went inside, she saw her mother crying. ‘Mum, what happened?’ asked Nicole.
‘Your father was sent to the hospital.’ said her mother, Amy.
‘What happened? Why was he sent to the hospital?’ asked Nicole.
‘He fell ill.’ said Amy.
‘Well it could be cured, its not its incurable.’ said Nicole.
‘But it is, the doctors couldn’t find out what kind if disease it is.’ said Amy..
‘Why don’t we find the cure according to the map our ancestors left behind.’ said Nicole.
‘Yes, why didn’t I think of that? Before I send your father to the hospital, he told me is disease’s name and that our ancestors left a map to search for that cure.’ said Amy.
‘Ok, what type of file should we search for?’ asked Nicole.
‘Search for a file with ‘Mountain’ word on top.’ said Amy.
They started to search for it. 30 minutes later, they couldn’t find it. ‘How come, why isn’t the file in here? said Amy. Suddenly, Nicole held up a file that has a
‘Mountain’ word on it, but it could be seen faintly and asked ‘Is it this file?’
‘Yes, it is this file, but why isn’t it at where it should be?’ asked Amy.
‘Perhaps father moved it away.’ said Nicole.
‘He won’t move it away. Even after he finished looking at it, he still will put it back to the bookshelf.’ said Amy.
‘Okay, let’s stop thinking about it. Anything could be possible anyway.’ said Nicole.
‘Well, you are right. Anything could be possible. So I’ll go and search for the cure while you stay here and take care of your father.’ said Amy.
‘Shall I go and find the cure?’ asked Nicole.
‘Well, you can’t skip school. Plus, it might take at least ten more days for you to get it. You might be expelled.’ said Amy.
‘Well, perhaps we can tell the principal about this and he might allow us and go search for it.’ said Nicole.
‘What happens if it doesn’t works?’ asked Amy.
‘There’s no choice, we have to try anything that has a possibility that it might work.’ said Nicole.
‘Well, if that’s it, we’ll try it. But if it doesn’t works, I’ll go and search for it.’ said Amy.
***
The next day, Nicole went to school earlier than before because she wanted to meet the principal. She rushed to the principal’s room as if something bad had happened. When she reached the principal’s room she was very disappointed because the principal haven’t reached school and she had to wait.
‘Well, after yesterday’s accident I had an idea. A new homework for the all of you, and that is for you kids to write an essay.’ said Miss Lilina.
‘Understand?’ asked Miss Lilina.
The class nodded.
'Understand?’ asked Miss Lilina, again but louder than just now.
‘Yes!’ said the class.
Suddenly, the bell rang. Some of the students thought that there was another accident going on, some thought that they were going to the field and practice again. But none of them guessed right, it was the bell for recess.
‘Yay!!!’ the whole school’s student shouted. It was not because it was recess time, but it was because everything returned to normal. No accident, and no more practicing but Nicole was the happiest because she could go and see the principal and asked him about ‘it’.
Again, she rushed to the principal’s room. But she wasn’t the same as usual; usually she would tell her friends where she was going alone or without her friends.
‘Principal…… there’s some …… thing I want to …… ask you.’ said Nicole.
‘About going and find the cure while school days?’ asked the principal, Mr. Ryan.
‘Yes and how did you know?’ asked Nicole.
‘Well your mother phoned me this morning and told me about it.’ said Mr. Ryan.
‘My mom?’ said Nicole.
‘Yes, she was worried that you would forget or you came too early and I hadn’t reached school. So she phoned my hand phone.’ said Mr. Ryan.
‘But my mother doesn’t has your hand phone’s number and even I have it I didn’t give it to her.’ said Nicole.
‘Well this you wouldn’t know and nobody would know. But now I think you should know it, I was your mother’s old friend.’ said Mr. Ryan.
‘Oh, well can I go and find the cure?’ asked Nicole.
‘Well, yes. And since the some of the school thing’s were burnt, I think I need to buy some more and replace those that were burnt. And, there’s something that needs to be upgraded. And we can’t let the students come to school in case they disturb those people.’ said Mr. Ryan.
‘Well, I can only tell you and you can’t tell anybody because I want to give them a surprise.’ said Mr. Ryan.
‘What is it?’ asked Nicole.
‘A training room.’ said Mr. Ryan.
‘A training room? What are its uses?’ asked Nicole.
‘Well, I think that we teachers should start training our students how to use their powers and how to master it.’ said Mr. Ryan.
‘I think I should tell you more after school because there’s still five minutes left for you to eat.’ said Mr. Ryan.
‘Ah! I forgot the time!’ shouted Nicole.
***
After school, Nicole went straight home and told her that the principal allowed her to go search for the cure. She also asked her mother whether if she could ask some of her friends to go with here.
‘Well you could ask your friends if they can go with you but only if you take care of them. And we need to ask the principal about it.’ said Amy.
‘There’s no need to ask because the principal said that we needn’t go to school while they are upgrading the school.’ said Nicole.
‘Well you can ask your friends only if their mother allow them.’ said Amy.
So she left home and went to find her friends. First she asked her best friend Crystal and since she lived the closest to her.
‘Oh, I am glad to help you even if it kills me. But of course I have to ask my mother.’ said Crystal. And then she went in and asked her mum. Nicole was frightened because Crystal’s mother shouted :‘WHAT!!!’. Nicole was afraid because the chance that Crystal’s mother would say yes was low. But who knew that Crystal’s mother agreed to let Crystal go with her. ‘Crystal, you need to prepare some clothes and some food and drinks. Tomorrow we’ll gather at the exit of this village.’ said Nicole and Crystal nodded her head. Then she continued to ask her other friends William, Wander, Tracy and Trina and told them the same words. Lucky for Nicole because all their mother’s said yes.
The next day, they gathered at the village’s exit. ‘So, is everyone here?’ asked Nicole and they counted if everyone had come, everyone was there. Since everyone was there, Nicole showed them the map. They had to cross mountains, oceans, volcanos and then they would reach their destination.
‘Let’s set out and go search for that cure!’ said Nicole.

Where are they?
ReplyDeleteWho shouts YAH00 during a situation like this?
What kind of students are they?
You forgot the introduction.
And change the phrase "Oh, I am glad to help you even if it kills me."
to
"I'll be delighted to aid you till the last breath."